New Directions....

My dear, dear students,

I have some news to share with you about a new direction in which my life is unfolding.

I am moving to Northern California this fall. I am going back to school, and going to work more closely with my yoga mentors and my spiritual teacher.

I am very excited about this new direction-- I'll be getting a master's degree in counseling psychology with an emphasis on transpersonal psychology. Transpersonal psychology is the integration of western psychological work and eastern spiritual practice which, as you know, is one of my passionate interests. Of course, I am also very, very sad to be leaving my weekly classes and students in Southern California. I so love you all, and love the work we do together.

I am happy to say that I will be coming back frequently to teach. I'll be teaching weekend workshops, meeting with small groups of students who specifically want support for their personal practices, and generally doing what I can to continue to support and nurture the connections I have with all of you. I am planning a weekend yoga and meditation retreat for early 2010, and will also be using a new website/blog to keep in touch and to share with you what I am learning as I continue on my journey.

I'll be teaching on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Yoga World until the middle of August; my last class will likely be on Thursday August 13th. In these last two months of regular classes together I plan to provide as much information and teachings as I can. I hope to "prepare" you for my departure by doing a thorough review of the teachings that I think are most vital.

I will be in touch again in the coming weeks with specifics about my last two months of teaching, as well as the dates for my fall classes and workshops.

Love,

Sasha

0 comments:

Post a Comment